Skip to main content
Skip to footer
Check List for Air Pressure Testing
- All windows & external doors must be installed, glazed and closed.
- Mechanical ventilation systems will need to be temporarily sealed during the test.
- Passive ventilation systems including trickle vents will need to be closed (and under Part L 2010, also temporarily sealed) during the test.
- All walls/floors/ceilings must be completed.
- All skirting boards, electrical sockets and light switches, kitchen unit(s) and bathroom suites must be fitted (where relevant).
- Dwellings/Units should be empty and tidy.
- No trades should be working in the dwellings during the tests.
- Loft hatches/eaves cupboards should be fitted and draft stripped.
- Mastic sealant should be completed to doors frames, windows, skirting and services penetrating the fabric of the building.
- Please ensure central heating is switched off prior to tests as large differences between internal/external temperatures can affect the
- Drainage traps should be filled with water.
- Standard test equipment fits openings up to 1000mm x 2400mm; the front/back door to the property would usually be used.